OZGT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Logitech power pack

4 posters

Go down

Logitech power pack Empty Logitech power pack

Post by Stumbles Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 am

As most of you know, the power pack has died on my wheel... (Well, after all this, it had better be JUST the power pack...lol).

After visiting 4 different shops and getting told be each one to try the next... Dick Smiths -> Jaycar -> Force Electronics -> Gamefix, I went to Battery World today, and almost had a match... 24 Vdc and 3A (I only need 1.75A but bigger is ok), but the shop doesnt do 24Vdc plugs for them any more Sad

Still tempted to try the China mob on eBay that Stu linked to the other day, but I don't like buying from overseas... Especially China.... ya never know what you'll get.

I found a mob in Sydney that have one that will work, but they want $107 shipping included.

What a ridiculous amount of work to just get a power supply. If anyone knows of a suitable power pack, can you please let me know. I've been spoilt with the wheel and it really (and I mean REALLY) SUCKS DRIVING WITH A CONTROLLER AGAIN...LOL

Fuggit, might just order the China one from fleabay and hope for the best... At least it's only $23.
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Logitech power pack Empty Re: Logitech power pack

Post by Anon666 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Ahh, sadly not good news from my end old chum. Will send you a PM tomorrow.
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:44 am

Well. The power pack arrived today.

When I found a 3-pin plug that fitted it (they sent me a euro plug), turned it on and the same thing happened. Wheel starts to calibrate, then gets all the way left and stops. Power light is flashing slowly... It tries to calibrate 2 more times then the power light flashes at double speed and the wheel just sits there.

After reading through another forum I found today...
http://www.racesimcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?6032-Logitech-G25-G27-Main-Board
It sounds like a mosfet chip (or 2) may have overloaded. One of the guys seems to think it has to do with build-up from the bushes in the motors. I pulled the wheel apart and the brushes and contacts seem ok (not clogged up). They measure 15 Ohms resistance and they should be more like double that.

Not sure what to do now. These thing are tiny, not sure I could solder them myself.
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 am

How about an icy pole stick and a couple of tie downs. Razz No all jokes aside, not good news Stumbles. Hope you can resolve your problem soon.
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:08 am

I don't even know what a Mosfet is, let alone any of the other crap they are describing in that link. It seems there is a way of solving the problem, but you need to be a borderline NASA engineer (which I definitely am not). FFAAAARRRRRRKKK!!! Are there no electronic guru's at your work Stumbles? (probably not, it is Holden after all!!) Just kidding...

Got no great ideas right now, but when these public holidays go away I might be able to do chase up a guy I know. He does the testing and tagging here at work, but his real job is calibrating and fixing those fancy machines in the science and med dept's at the uni of QLD. Will let you know. Although, the way things are going, we won't need to worry about online racing for quite a while........

Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 am

Yeah, I've got an electrician mate at work, I'll see hwta he can dig up. I tried searching for the mosfet here in oz, but not having much luck. It's a little black chip with 8 "legs", the thing is tiny.. not sure I could get into it with my soldering iron.

Hills Telefix is around the corner, might take it to them and see if they can have a go at it.

As for the network, saw a post on the league site, Sony have let it slip that the network could be up by this weekend. (Could be just wishful thinking???)

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/04/28/playstation-network-psn-outage-status-update-online-by-weekend/
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darko Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 am

Very wishful thinking.
Good luck with getting the wheel fixed, may have to invest in a Fanatec that way you can use it on both consoles (Forza 4) Very Happy
Darko
Darko
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Tue May 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Things are looking up. Took the circuit board from the wheel into work and showed my sparky mate. He found a supplier for the mosfet chips here in Oz, about $3.50 each.

I'll get a couple and take them to work, my mate is going to solder them in for me.

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Tue May 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Crossing all fingers & toes. Who's got the job of cleaning all the cogs & stuff? That looked just as tricky.
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Thu May 05, 2011 10:06 am

Well. Mosfets are here, will take them to work tomorrow and get the sparky to solder them in (he's already removed the old ones).

Who's got the job of cleaning all the cogs & stuff? That looked just as tricky.

I'll get stuck into that with the air compressor. Got a water trap on it, so no chance of moisture getting in there. Got a can of circuit board cleaner, will hit it with that first.

Now all I need is for the PSN to come back so we can get to some racing again.
Oh, and Happy Anniversary Anon, hope you have a brilliant weekend.

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks mate! Off too the Sunny Coast to spoil the boss. I am sure PSN will come to life tomoz for sure, just my sort of luck. I hope everyone has sorted out their Mother's Day plans....don't forget that happens on Sunday!!! (this from a guy who has forgotten everything you can think of, even Christmas one year - I had drunk a lot that week though!!)
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Fri May 06, 2011 11:24 am

Hehe.. Forgetting Christmas... Gold!!!...lol

Well, time for sad-face. Just got the wheel back together after the sparky soldered the new chips on... now it doesn't move at all.

Might take it around to Telefix and see what they think. My mate might have got it too hot when soldering. I got some spare chips, so see how that goes.

Man, so many drama's, all I want is the wheel to work again.

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Fri May 06, 2011 11:30 am

Double sad face....
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Darko Mon May 16, 2011 7:35 am

Stumbles whats happening with wheel, any news.
Darko
Darko
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Mon May 16, 2011 12:41 pm

It's still sitting here... dead.

I gotta go around to Telefix and see if they'll solder in 2 new chips and see if that works.

I'm on holidays again after next week, so I'll get to it then... Hmm, maybe this Friday, got that off as well Wink

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Sat May 28, 2011 7:56 am

So any luck yet Stumbles??
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 am

Going to see them at Telefix on Monday.. I'll let ya know.

Well, that depends on when my mates son's funeral is... A hit - run yesterday on Salisbury Highway, car cut across 3 lanes and Joshua on a 250 motorbike tried to avoid him... dropped the bike and he slammed into a barrier.... Dickhead hoon drivers!!!
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Sat May 28, 2011 9:03 am

Sorry to hear that mate, sadly it's a story I hear too often. What makes you sick is that usually, the dickhead survives.
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat May 28, 2011 10:59 am

Sorry to hear Stumbles. As a motorbike rider myself I am always looking out for bikes unfortunately there are always dickheads out there, as you would have seen many times yourself.
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down