OZGT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PD are lazy!!!

3 posters

Go down

PD are lazy!!! Empty PD are lazy!!!

Post by mcrow5 Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:38 am

I know that the clutch was disabled for the Indy Time Trial. When I asked Kaz's Interpreter about the functionality of the G27 in GT5 last Wednesday at the GT Awards Party, I was told " The G27 will not be Fully Supported, but the DFGT will". Now what exactly that means is not clear to me. The Paddles did work on the Indy TT as well as the shift lights, for whatever that is worth. I would not be surprised if the clutch was not supported on the G27, but I do not know.

When talking with the highest levels of Polyphony Digital, they did indeed confirm that the fault for the G27 not being fully supported lies with Logitech. Logitech failed to code certain things with the G27 firmware that PD required, so it will only be partially supported. I too have a brand new G27, so I am in the same exact postion as every other G27 owner. I am a huge Logitech fan, but PD said that there were issues that gave the G27 an unfair advantage, whatever that refers to. I am just relaying info that I got from Kaz's interpreter. That's the most accurate and believeable info for me.

All I know about the Firmware issues are directly from the highest levels of Polyphony Digital. When I was asking them at the GT Awards Show about the G27, Taka told me:

" When we tested the G27, it had some functionality in the shifting process that gave it an unfair advantage over other peripherals. You were able to shift the G27 without losing any speed/ power. We repeated worked with Logitech to remedy this, but Logitech refused to alter their Firmware to our standards. Therefore the G27 will not be fully supported in G27"

I too, do not fully understand exactly what this means. I am just giving you the exact words, from Kaz's interpreter. That is the highest level of PD , as far as I am concerned. You cannot get any more direct info than this, in my opinion.

It is unclear to me if the paddle shifters will work or not. I certainly hope so, as I bought a new G27, and have been waiting to use it, like many others. I am hoping that the lack of full support is just having to do with the clutch function.

THE G27 SHIFTER AND CLUTCH BETTER WORK!!!! those lazy arse people at PD11!!!!!!

i bought my g27 for gt5, if its not 6 shift + clutch supported then im selling my sig edition and g27.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=3150
mcrow5
mcrow5
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

PD are lazy!!! Empty Re: PD are lazy!!!

Post by mcrow5 Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:20 am

rejoice!!! clutch support has been confirmed woohoo!
mcrow5
mcrow5
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by oO_HoTRoX_Oo Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:55 am

I ordered a G27 in advance especially for GT5, and should receive it later this week. I hope it works, you have got me worried :S
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by XStu1989X Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:28 am

dont worry hotrox it works

but if anybody has a G25 make sure when you make a pit stop when downshifting into the pits use the left paddle as if u use the H-pattern u get stuck in the pits lol
XStu1989X
XStu1989X
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

http://www.ozfm.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:32 am

it works 100% mate, dont worry about it. its not "officially" supported, but it works 100%.
mcrow5
mcrow5
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by oO_HoTRoX_Oo Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Sweet
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels