OZGT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

photo mode tutorials

2 posters

Go down

photo mode tutorials Empty photo mode tutorials

Post by mcrow5 Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:37 pm

coming soon Very Happy
mcrow5
mcrow5
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

photo mode tutorials Empty Re: photo mode tutorials

Post by Paul Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Good work mcrow looking forward to this had a go today at piccies and realized I am shite
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:49 pm

time for me to get started with this, first off im going to explain all the basics to get you started. ill be putting up more specifics later on when i have more time.

first off is the screen where you first enter photomode. you have 5 options.

1. walk - this is where you can walk around the car to position the camera.
2. look around - looking left, right, up and down. up and down have no effect when you go to take the photo.
3. aim camera - this is where you physically take the photo.
4. back - quit photomode
5. car positioning map - this is where you position the car to your desired spot.

AIMING THE CAMERA

once in this screen you are presented with a number of different options to choose from. im going to brake it down one thing at a time.

first off, on the very left of the screen you will see "move", "rotate", "zoom/rotate", "parameters", "AE lock" and "horizontal/ vertical"

1. move- positioning the camera to the desired location.

2.rotate: adjusting the angle of the photo

3.zoom/rotate: zooming in on the subject/ adjusting the tilt of the photo

4.parameters: change the settings of the photo.

5.AE lock: It “freezes” the camera’s exposure settings, so that if the camera is moved from one area to another, the auto exposure system won’t change aperture/shutter speed values.

6. horizontal/ vertical: self explanatory.

next up we have the middle of the screen where you can see the photo you are about to take, and the settings at which the photo will be taken at.

1. AWB: automatic white balance, leave this on auto, it doesnt make a big difference to the photo.

2. iso auto: iso is part of the brightness of the image, the higher the value, the brighter the image is. however, a higher iso also means the photo becomes grainy. the higher the iso, the grainer the photo is. i recommend leaving it on auto.

3. f = (value)mm (eg f=50mm): this is the focal length of the lens. in other words, its how far you have zoomed in/ out. the higher the value, the greater the zoom. and vice versa.

1/250 sec: this is the shutter speed. this is the setting that controls the sense of speed in the photo. the higher the value (ie 1/60) gives a faster sense of speed, while a slower value (ie 1/4000) gives a still image, as if the car is not moving. if you are confused about which way is higher/ lower, think of it like this, the closer the second number (in this case 60 or 4000) is to 1, the faster the sense of speed you will get. and if the number is a long way from 1, the slower the sense of speed will be.

f 4.0: this is the aperture. this is the setting which controls the depth of field. the lower the number, the smaller the depth of field. this means a blurry background. the higher the number, the greater the depth of field. this means a clear background. a low value can also blur out the rear of the car if it is low enough.

+0.0EV: this is the exposure setting. this will allow you to make the image brigher or darker. higher number means a brighter image, a lower number means a darker image.

AE lock: refer to above. this is just to know if you have it selected or not.

now to the area on the right hand side of the screen. "camera menu", "auto focus", "back", "shoot".

1. camera menu: this is yet another list of settings that controls what the photo will look like (more on this below).

2. auto focus
: press this button, and where you cursor is on the screen (where you see a preview of where your car is), is the area that will become the focused area of the photo.

3. back: go back to the previous menu.

4. shoot: take the photo.

CAMERA MENU

1. aspect ratio: this is the size of the photo, ie 1680x1020, 1920x1080, 4:3, 16:9 etc. i use 16:9, which is equivalent to 1920x1080.

2. filters: different effects to add to the photo (explained below).

3. magnification: for some reason i am unable to choose the 2x in this, so i have no idea what it does.

4. file type: jpeg (2d) or 3d photo. yes you can take 3d photos.

5. composition: horizontal or vertical, self explanatory.

6. panning: this is where (in real life) you half press the shutter button to focus on a moving object, and move the camera to follow the subject until its in a spot you want it to. GT5 does this for you, i recommend panning mode 3, as this will take the exact same photo as what the preview screen has in it.

• Mode 1: The camera stays in a fixed position and turns to follow the car. Because the car's distance from the camera varies, this can cause it to blur slightly.

Mode 2: The camera moves with the car. When taking a photo of a cornering or spinning car, focus will be centred on the middle of the car, which can cause the front and rear to go slightly out of focus.

Mode 3: The camera moves with the car, and is positioned face-on to the front of the vehicle. This allows you to take a photo where the car is sharply in focus, and only the background becomes blurred.

7. focal length: the zoom of the photo.

8. f number: this is the aperture of the photo (blurry backgrounds remember).

9. exposure: brighter or darker photo.

10. invert camera Y axis: this swaps the Y angle controls, up = down, and down = up.

FILTERS

Monochrome: Remove colors to produce a black-and-white image.

Extreme Monochrome: Produces the same black-and-white effect as Monochrome, but with sharper blacks.

Sepia: Produces a light brown monochrome image that gives the look of faded black-and-white film.

Cool: Produces an image with a blue tone, and darkens the edges.

Warm: Produces an image with a red tone, and darkens the edges.

Cross-Processing: Deliberately upset the color balance of the image.

Miniature: Obscure the front and rear of the subject with a lens tilt to give a miniaturizing effect.

Partial Color: Make the subject stand out by rendering the area surrounding it in monochrome.

I hope this has helped you all to gain a better understanding of the photo mode.
Very Happy
mcrow5
mcrow5
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum