OZGT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering Wheel Stress

3 posters

Go down

Steering Wheel Stress Empty Steering Wheel Stress

Post by oO_HoTRoX_Oo Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:46 pm

For the past 3 weeks i have been busily building my steering wheel cockpit, getting it ready for the Logitech G27 Steering Wheel.

I am pleased to annouce that it is complete and working. However I feel like sending some hate mail to both Logitech and GT5 because:

1. Logitech G27 is not directly supported by GT5 in the menu...it works...sort of.
2. Force Feedback cannot be turned off!!! - This annoys the hell out of me, I should be better on a wheel than with thumb sticks, but The force feedback makes it difficult to control and generally works against you.
3. Even with a helical gearing system for quiet forcefeedback it is still too noisy to play at night.

I thought that for $500 bucks i would get a quality product, but with limited in-game options and adjustability it seems like a rip-off.

Is there any one else who shares the same point of view?
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Back to top Go down

Steering Wheel Stress Empty Re: Steering Wheel Stress

Post by XStu1989X Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:17 pm

there is a way to fix all of the above
XStu1989X
XStu1989X
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

http://www.ozfm.net

Back to top Go down

Post by oO_HoTRoX_Oo Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Please tell me how
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by XStu1989X Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:03 pm

oO_HoTRoX_Oo wrote:For the past 3 weeks i have been busily building my steering wheel cockpit, getting it ready for the Logitech G27 Steering Wheel.

I am pleased to annouce that it is complete and working. However I feel like sending some hate mail to both Logitech and GT5 because:

1. Logitech G27 is not directly supported by GT5 in the menu...it works...sort of.
2. Force Feedback cannot be turned off!!! - This annoys the hell out of me, I should be better on a wheel than with thumb sticks, but The force feedback makes it difficult to control and generally works against you.
3. Even with a helical gearing system for quiet forcefeedback it is still too noisy to play at night.

I thought that for $500 bucks i would get a quality product, but with limited in-game options and adjustability it seems like a rip-off.

Is there any one else who shares the same point of view?

1. no the logitech wheels are not because GT have there own wheels.
2. turn down the force feedback in general steering settings i run full force feedback and simulation and its awesome
3. once you turn down the force feedback pretty sure this should die down
XStu1989X
XStu1989X
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

http://www.ozfm.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Yeah as Stu said you can adjust force feedback in the settings you can also map buttons by selecting the Logitech Pro Wheel. Even though not directly supported in the menu I have no problems with the wheel. It is excellent. Kaz also hinted recently G27/25's may be supported soon.

The Fanatec wheels aren't directly supported either but Inside Sim Racing believe they are close to the best wheel for GT5.
Arckon
Arckon
Track Owner
Track Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by oO_HoTRoX_Oo Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:07 am

I wrote the post when i first got the wheel...i was just a bit stressed after having speant so much time, effort and money on setting it up that i lost my head.

Listened to your advice and turned FFB up to 10* on Sim, and i gotta agree with you, it is a lot of fun and responds to the slightest movement. Been using it for hours now, and very pleased with it.

-my apologies

oO_HoTRoX_Oo
oO_HoTRoX_Oo
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by XStu1989X Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:27 am

no worrys dude here to help
XStu1989X
XStu1989X
Charlie Sheen