OZGT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Mans 2 hr in Ferraris

+7
KoAStR
Stumbles
Arckon
rinkly at 72
XStu1989X
Anon666
Paul
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Le Mans 2 hr in Ferraris - Page 3 Empty Re: Le Mans 2 hr in Ferraris

Post by rinkly at 72 Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:04 pm

good race guys , there are 2 tracks in this game that i spend a lot of time
on (you got it , the ring and le mans) by the way Stumbles hope you were
joking with the sandbag comment.Pual has that if you wont to find out.
Its all in the pitstops , and look after your tyers.This enduro was a little
easier than the 24 hr one that i did a few months back.Next stop the
final race in this game. 24hr Nurburgring F that will be interesting.
With change weather and day/night , love the DARK.

rinkly at 72
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Laugh, talk about messing up pitstops.

What I thought (and should) have been my second to last pitstop, cut down the fuel to what the game wanted to put in and it worked out great nearly out of fuel same time as tyres were gone. Came into what I thought was my last pitstop, thought it was a 2 hr timed race, so only put 10 litres of fuel in to cut down pitstop time. Three quarters through the lap, 2 hour passes and race hasn't finished. Look up and see lap 30 of 31. So have to stop very next lap to take on more fuel for the last lap.

I must admit I enjoy the longer enduro races with full damage, perhaps I should consider putting on traction control in the enduro's to help when tyres are getting well worn (took damage twice when tyres were well worn, causing me to slowly limp back to the pits), instead of running with nothing but ABS 1 each race.

Arckon
Track Owner
Track Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Yeah Rinkles, was a joke mate. You were flying, well done on the win.

I had a phone call in the middle of the race, so had to pull over. (Mother in law had operation for cancer last night).

Pity about the network problems, but the idea was great. A late finish for me but I had a ball. Was going to set my fastest lap on my last, but the timer ran out about 50 metres from the line....Now, where did I leave those toothpicks...lol

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonus888 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 am

Great race, i enjoy that track and can gladly do 2 hours on it, not so for the nurgbring. I agree the pits is the trick for the long races, i had a good strategy going, lap 8 then was planning on lap 17 or 18, then 26 and come home on a fast 5 lap stint. Put a splash of fuel in the first stop to keep pit time down to just tyres and work the rest out as i go. All went out the window at end of first lap after my pit stop. My tv started playing up, I lost sound (thought it was a ps3 connection issue) and ran a little wide and just bumped the wall enough to red one wheel. So i had to pit again, i decided to put in more fuel (enough so i had time to take a peee had a few stubbies while waiting to start) and i was going to push the tyres for 12 laps. All was going good at first, I was on lap 13 or 14 tires where good pace was good and i was right behind Azza and was narrowing the margin to rinks in first ( just a little ) and on the straight about to pass him the screen went blank " i been disconected" i thought, then felt my wheel shudder and noticed the tv light was out. I had the remote on the wheel table next to the wheel and it must have been vibrating the sound off and on and eventually found the on off buttons vibe. That was my race car was totaled, but i was enjoying the track so much i wasn't tempted to call it a night and would press on and see if i could still find some good racing. Had a few good laps playing the drafting game with stumbles until he had an off and i stupidly didn't slow enough to avoid a collision and damaged both of us. Still we pitted and did it some more. Had some good drafting with aza too at one stage, i was catching him at the end and looked like i was going to get there for a podium spot but opening a stubby while driving i hit the grass and the wall again.
Sorry for the long post but it was a long race and even though i had some bad luck and bad driving i enjoyed it, will definatly do that again but probably have it day night then day again and weather change mighten be to bad on that track either.
Bonus888
Bonus888
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:37 am

Another wierd thing last night with all the connections issues.
When we first went on to the track, I could see Aza, rinkly, stumbles, anon one or both of the nos's etc.
Then I think one of the nos's dropped, then rinkly went, and anon. When they re-entered I could not see them, ended up starting the race only able to see aza and stumbles.
Then midway through the race someone dropped, then either the second or third person to drop mid race was Darko, and when Darko dropped, everyone else I could suddenly see again, Nos, rinkly, anon etc suddenly appeared..
I don't understand it at all.
Arckon
Arckon
Track Owner
Track Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 am

Talk about a mess with the network, it took and hour to kick off the race...faaaarrrk!! Poor Stumbles, get an early one tonight kiddo.

As for the race, I really enjoyed the format. Driving like Miss Daisy when necessary to avoid collisions. Different cars with different strengths battling for positions. Drafting and hot-lapping and pit-stops and worn tyres and fuel stratagy...it's what racing is all about.

My race, like Stumbles, started 1:15.000 behind everyone else, so we just settled into some drafting practice. Sadly the California lacks a lot with top end speed so I wasn't a great help. Stumbles found the sand on lap 2 or 3 so then it was all about finding another draft buddy. I had Darko for a bit, but he had an off, and that left me solo for the bulk of the remainder of the race.

I had my pit-stops planned, but after no. 2 on lap 16, I took one to many looks at the screen as Firewind came in and out of the room and kissed the wall near the last straight before the pits, right front tyre damage and another pit-stop. I thought bugger it, I'm not pitting again until I run out of fuel, so I pitted at the end of lap 29 with no fuel or tyres...bugger again.

Gotta say, I registered with a 3:52.xxx and my best lap was a 3:51.xxx with some drafting. I could have done with some more top end speed, but those 458's were killing me out of corners. Rinkles was putting 1 second per sector on me at times when he had fresh boots. With the extra pit-stop and 2 other incidents that probably cost me 20-30 seconds, I could have finished around 40 seconds behind Rinkles, but on the night he was too quick and didn't make any big mistakes.
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:52 am

Good to see you all had fun I'm glad cos I put a bit of time and practice organising this, only not to be able to run. Sad I obviously have network issues with someone in the room. I checked my status at the start of the night and was pretty good and had nat type 2 but once I got kicked I had my nat type was type 3. Please explain?!?!?!

P.S: Congrats Rinkles on your first OZGT win. Well Done!!! cheers cheers cheers
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by rinkly at 72 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:48 am

thanks paul big shame for you after all your work on this race
one time while we where waiting for everyone to log in i got
dropped from the room but luck was with me and got back
in again. apart from 2 good drafts down the straight it was a quiet
race for me missed having you somwhere on the track . Hope you have better luck in the MINI series.
rinkly at 72
rinkly at 72
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:49 am

Hey if Mini series is still on hold, can we run something again this Monday night? We could do the Fezza's again on a different track? Or, I noticed on GTP that there are a stack of muscle cars in the current OCD...maybe a muscle car cup on some yankie tracks?? Thoughts??
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aza2672 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Sounds good I'm in a Muscle Car Series on wednesday nights at the moment but I love these cars so would love to do another one on monday nights as well afro
Aza2672
Aza2672
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:30 am

After talking to Aza last night I would like to do some muscle car races on Monday night. He is running a comp that has a 550PP limit and sports soft tyres. How about we stick to that. As for tracks, indy road, daytona road and top gear test track...11 laps of each??? Anyone keen??
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:37 am

Yeah, sounds like fun... Plenty of grunt and sports grip... drift-a-thon.

Will grab some cars today sometime and have a looky. Any year limitations on the cars???
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:44 am

Sounds good for Monday night, now back on earlier finishes as of this week, so would have no problems making a 8pm AEST start if that is what people prefer.
Arckon
Arckon
Track Owner
Track Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:42 am

60's and 70's only.
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by KoAStR Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 am

Anon666 wrote:After talking to Aza last night I would like to do some muscle car races on Monday night. He is running a comp that has a 550PP limit and sports soft tyres. How about we stick to that. As for tracks, indy road, daytona road and top gear test track...11 laps of each??? Anyone keen??

This sounds coo', love the track list, especially limited to 60's and 70's... though don't forget there is no pit on top gear track.

Missus is away tonight, so if I'm home in time I'll be dead keen to join in on whatever's going on (racing or practice)... mmm unless my new PC is ready today then I might not be able to leave that alone! hehe.
KoAStR
KoAStR
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by NuclearFiddle Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 pm

sounds good im in normal time and has to be 60's or 70's
NuclearFiddle
NuclearFiddle
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Got my secret weapon, I'll be on. Better go get my work gear ready, could lose track of time in the fun we'll have in these things.

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 am

I am out of all future events until I get my network sorted out. Have NEVER had this trouble before and am about to give this online gaming thing the flick if I can't sort it out soon!!!
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Damn, why can't you be in Adelaide Paul. I'd be happy to come around, sort out your network (if I can) and down a couple of brews with a mate.

Hmm, have you got skype Paul??? Could hook up a chat over that and I can try to walk you through it. I'm no pro, but got my set-up sorted fairly easily.

If not skype, MSN chat???
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Damn Whacked, not good. Are you having trouble with xbl as well??

As a side note, I saw on the GTP forums that Kaz tweeted something about the PSN servers still not working fully...not sure if that is just for Japan or for the whole planet. They certainly have never been the same since the shut down.
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Oh I forgot, thanks for the big turn out last night lads. Think we had 10 or so. Few blow in's but they were all good chaps. Next Monday night we will do another few races, but I will come up with a slightly tighter format. Will post something up before the weekend...suggestions welcome!!

If you're out there Stu, has the wheel arrived? Or do you have an expected delivery date??
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Sorry Stumbles don't have skype and MSN I don't know how to chat only use it to check my emails. I do know how to chat on facebook lol.
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Hmm, hard to do it with typing, much easier with voice.

I can set up my xbox on a different IP (currently have the same IP address for both consoles but cant run both at the same time like that), and chat using that while we play with the settings on the PS3??

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:02 am

Stumbles wrote:Hmm, hard to do it with typing, much easier with voice.

I can set up my xbox on a different IP (currently have the same IP address for both consoles but cant run both at the same time like that), and chat using that while we play with the settings on the PS3??

Smile

Sounds good we must organise a time and date and hopefully put an end to this online BS.
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 pm

I hope you guys have got this online stuff sorted cause I reckon Whacked might like this.

This Monday night, I have a plan.
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:11 am

Ok, Paul. If you see this today, yell out and I'll set up my xbox and we'll try and get this shit sorted.

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3