OZGT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 3: OZGT500

+9
Chevwah
NuclearFiddle
Arckon
rinkly at 72
Darko
Paul
Aza2672
Stumbles
Anon666
13 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Season 3:  OZGT500  - Page 4 Empty Re: Season 3: OZGT500

Post by Chevwah Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:33 am

I'm good to go tonight

Chevwah
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by Aza2672 Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:41 am

yeah me, bonus & neishy are on for tonight too
afro

Aza2672
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by XStu1989X Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 am

on tonight rm fully modded coffee cars
XStu1989X
XStu1989X
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

http://www.ozfm.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 am

I'll be there. Don't know what track it is but I will be bringing my new helmet and racesuit.
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 am

17 laps around Tokyo R246 tonight guys.

Got a room open now for some practice if anyone's interested.

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 am

Can you do some practice for me please. Oh and a tune, and let Koaster's tyres down!!!!
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi everyone,
Connection problem tonight may have been mine but my test through the XMB menu only seconds before firing up GT5 was showing a Nat type 2 with 7gig upload and 800kb download.

Please be aware for smooth connections for everyone you need to be running Nat type 1 or 2. Anyone running Nat type 3 can cause other people to not connect properly. I find my PS3 often changes from Nat type 2 to Nat type 3 inbetween log ons so I always check prior to online play that I am running Nat type 2 or 1. You can do this through going to Network in the XMB and selecting the first option "Setting and connection Status list" scroll to the bottom and it will advise what type Nat you are running. On the occasions I have changed to a Nat type 3 I find a simple reboot of the modem by disconnecting the power always resets it to Nat type 2.

Please check prior to connecting for online races you are running Nat type 2 or 1 and if you are running Nat type 3 please see the below link to another area of the Forum, where Stumbles has linked to a "how to" on how to set up your modem to ensure you are running Nat type 2 or 1.
https://ozgt.forumotion.com/t121-the-ultimate-guide-for-fixing-your-nat

Thanks for everyones assistance to ensure all forum members have as hassle free online play as possible.

Thanks.
Arckon
Arckon
Track Owner
Track Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Hmm, eventful night...lol

My game froze as I went to start qualifying. Had to quit the game and start from scratch. By the time I got back in, 10 mins of qualy was already over. I chucked a quick lap in and managed a 1:36.0 for 6th on the grid.

Got a decent start and was hanging with Chev, Anon and Bonus. Coming into the last turn, Anon went a bit slower and wider than I thought he would, and unfortunately, I made contact and sent him into the wall. I waited for him to catch up and found myself in second-last.

We made our way forward again and halfway around on about lap 3, I come around the double apex rights to find Anon sideways in the middle of the track. He had ghosted and I thought "sweet"... only to have him go solid just as I arrived and slammed into the side. Damage to the engine and both front wheels, I limped on. When they finally came good again, it was head down - bum up time.

Slowly caught up to Aza, caught a draft down the straight and went into turn 1 side by side. I braked a little early as I didn't want to cause another crash which let Aza have the spot back... Only for him to get on the gas a bit heavy and got into a bit of a tank-slapper. I got a good run out of the corner, but Aza's ass-end caught the front of my car and sent him doing donuts. Again, I waited for him and let him have the spot back. I was a bit closer on the front straight next lap and used the draft to get past and hold onto the spot.

3 laps to go and I could see I was catching Stu and Neishy. Looked like it was going to be a sprint to the flag, but Neishy's tyres were shot and I got him with half a lap to go. Stu had put the hammer down after losing Neishy and beat me home by 2 seconds.

Lots of drama for me, hope the rest of you had a good race. Comments in the lounge after the race, sounds like it was pretty clean and fun for most.

See-ya's next week.

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chevwah Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:50 pm

I had a good qualy session, sitting just 0.1 of a second off Koastr after a few laps. For the last 6 minutes or so i just sat in the pits as i was pretty sure i wasn't going to improve, plus i knew 2nd on the grid would be on the inside at turn 1.

My race wasn't nearly as eventful as yours Stumbles lol. The only action i really saw was with Anon in the first couple of laps, and with Bonus near the end. Straight off the bat i wasn't going to try and race Koastr because i knew i would destroy my tyres, so i tried to maintain my pace through the race and fend off the boys behind me. Anon had good pace the first couple of laps before he bowed out. He would have been a real challenge to Bonus and i if he had stayed with us.

I was about 17 seconds adrift of Koastr when i had a spin on lap 15 or 16 which cost me about 12 seconds and let Bonus past me. Luckily i was able to stay with him and catch the draft on the next lap. In the end i was about 30 seconds behind Koastr with Bonus a few seconds behind me.

Congrats to Koastr for winning his "1 man division" lol and to me for winning the "best of the rest division". Great clean racing by everyone, looking forward to the next round!
Chevwah
Chevwah
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by XStu1989X Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:36 pm

congrats to every racer you all deserve a trophy for mature racing yet still putting the throttle all the way down good couple of battles just had to conserve those tyres ... had a couple races in the coffee cars after and it was just awesome 3 laps around le mans took forever but we all finished up very close going over the finish line laughing at how much fun it was will use the same cars next time on a couple different tracks
XStu1989X
XStu1989X
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

http://www.ozfm.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KoAStR Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:17 am

Nice write-ups there. Good reading.

Bummer about your connection issues Arckon. I check my NAT type regularly. Never seen it say anything but type 2.

Tokyo seemed to require more tuning adjustments than I expected. Which quickly soaked up the 20mins pre-qual practice session. Wasn't sure about this track but I quite enjoyed it once I found my flow (and pumped my tyres back up thank you Anon!) Razz Laughing

Well done Chev you put in some great times. Cool Lol at "one man division". Sorry! Embarassed cherry

The cappacino's after were funny as. There was harldly a corner where I didn't get pole-axed from behind, probably because I scrooged on tyres and only bought race hards. People were cutting corners and running off everywhere! At one stage someone was completely sideways in front of me and I had no choice but to push through them.. which seemed to stop them from spinning and straighten them up. Haha gave me a chuckle.

The single make field with different paint jobs looked great. I especially liked Darko's blue on red (wheels) which really looked the part on track. The RM'accino is a cool little car, and was great for drifting in Prologue.
KoAStR
KoAStR
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:51 am

What a crappo night. 7yo daughter walks in as race starts. I have headphones on to keep the noise down, so tell her to see her mother. 2 minutes later she's back, I say I can't hear what she's saying, then the wife walks in and it's on. Off come the headphones, and the argument begins. So this leaves me driving like a drunk asian female octagenarian. I end up parking in the pits and admitting I was wrong so they would leave me alone. By the time I rejoined, Koaster wasn't far off putting me 2 laps off the pace. I'll bet Ayrton Senna never had these problems!!

Now lads, no surprise I missed most of the action last night, but sounds like there was some pretty good racing. If you have a look at the replay and see something worth watching please note what lap and who was involved, post it up here and I'll go looking for it. I hope to go over the replay later this week and I'll do a little vid, but I only saw action on laps 1 and 2, after that I was a ghostly nuisance.

Spewing I missed the hot cuppa's, had Arckon's problem. Kept kicking me off the server. I am pretty sure my problem is my virus software. It updated last month, and now I need to turn off the firewall when I'm gaming otherwise I just keep getting into the room long enough to say hello then I'm disconnected. It was off when I turned on the PS3 but the wife turned it on to check her emails about the time my problems started.
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:27 pm

Well done guys on a good clean race. Pity I got disconnected from the after party, I got sideways and I heard someone say OH!! Whacked and next thing I know is you have been disconnected. Looks like I missed out on a bit of fun, maybe next time.
Paul
Paul
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonus888 Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:02 am

Anon666 wrote:

Spewing I missed the hot cuppa's, had Arckon's problem. Kept kicking me off the server. I am pretty sure my problem is my virus software. It updated last month, and now I need to turn off the firewall when I'm gaming otherwise I just keep getting into the room long enough to say hello then I'm disconnected. It was off when I turned on the PS3 but the wife turned it on to check her emails about the time my problems started.

If it is the antivirus update problem you can get passed the firewall problems by port frowarding the ports that the ps3 psn and gt5 use. I did mine the day before the psn went down and thought i had done something wrong cos the network was gone the next day. I have had a lot less problems since but you still get the odd disconnect.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54GL/PlayStation_Network.htm
Bonus888
Bonus888
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 am

Bonus888 wrote:
Anon666 wrote:

If it is the antivirus update problem you can get passed the firewall problems by port frowarding the ports that the ps3 psn and gt5 use. I did mine the day before the psn went down and thought i had done something wrong cos the network was gone the next day. I have had a lot less problems since but you still get the odd disconnect.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54GL/PlayStation_Network.htm

From my end I do have port forwarding in place, running XP on the computer and I go in to network connections and disable internet for the PC from in their, so no firewall or virus software running. My son shuts his internet connection down so the only thing running is the PS3 with the port forwarding in place and I run it wired not wireless. Must just be the larger #'s and crappy GT5 Servers..
Arckon
Arckon
Track Owner
Track Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Arckon wrote:
crappy GT5 Servers..

+1
Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by KoAStR Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Anon666 wrote:
Arckon wrote:
crappy GT5 Servers..

+1

Disable voice chat from your GTLife lounge settings menu before you create the room. Makes a big difference with bigger room numbers, and works better than each person disabling their own voip within a voip enabled room.
KoAStR
KoAStR
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonus888 Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:19 am

I read somewhere that GT5 doesn't rely on servers, it assesses the rooms users over time and selects the person with the best connection in a room as the server (per say) that the rest in the room run off some how. If one person in the room has poor internet service it can affect others in the room and not necessarily affect the one with the poor connection, it ends up overloading the others to compensate. As koaster said, it’s best to set the room up with out voice chat for best chance of a good room. Also if each person knows their download upload speed and Nat type they will know if they will potentially be causing a problem and can reset their modems before entering the room.
Bonus888
Bonus888
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon666 Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:05 am

Anon666
Anon666
Rambo
Rambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:43 am

Again if someone can send me the replay from Tokyo or let me know who won the below conditions for the weekly prizes would be appreciated, and hopefully I will be a participant next week for DeSarthe.

TICKET: 1st car to hit a barrier.
CHROME: Slowest lap on Lap 4.

Thanks.
Arckon
Arckon
Track Owner
Track Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by KoAStR Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Wow, wow, wow.
That was one of the best replays I've seen.
I started it up only intending to watch the first couple of laps and became enthralled to the end!

Chevwah, mate what a race! You were under pressure virtually start to finish. I saw you catch the grass and loose the back end in the first laps (during the race too). Can't belive you caught it and maintained pace through the corner!
I think Nieshy, Stumbles, Darko, Bonus, all had shot at you at some stage! Great driving by all you guys. Unlucky on the last lap there Stumbles it would have been close for 3rd!

Nieshy you did great to hold off for 2nd especially given you haven't tuned out that rear heavy tyre wear yet that the Raybrig is notorious for. Chev had way more rear tyres than you at the finish.

Darko unlucky mate you had some great pace getting into the 52's there but just couldn't hold it all together to stay up front.

Guys the range of liveries on the grid, the sound (especially the Xanavi GT-R), and the iconic track with this fitting car class and dynamic time was just spectacular. Combined with the maturity of driving displayed and so many close and sustained battles it made for an excellent replay.

I've snap shotted the final results screen with fastest laps etc if you need it.

P.S. I used my silver chrome paint winnings on my Xj13 and it looks sic. Cheers

KoAStR
KoAStR
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Congrats again on the win Koastr.

Good racing guys. Not sure what I did to the handling of my car, but I was losing heaps of time in the last sector. Even during practice, losing 2 seconds to Darko and I just couldn't fix it.

Those NSX's are damn quick in a straight line. Those last few laps with Chev, would take me 3/4 of the the straight to catch and pass only to have him zoom back past just before the chicane.

Looks like I'll be watching replays all night tonight. Wanna have a look at our WP Div 2 race as well, that was another good fun race.

Smile
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chevwah Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:12 am

Yeah that was a very exciting race. I was going pretty good until dark one-shot his breaking a bit and put me into the wall, but hey, that's racing. After that I kinda lost my composure and found myself making silly mistakes which cost me more time. I think its a miracle I was able to get 3rd to be honest.

Congrats to koastr and neishy for a race well driven.
Chevwah
Chevwah
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by Darko Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:18 am

Darko can't see in the dark lol!
Darko
Darko
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:35 am

One thing I have noticed, the tail lights on the NSX are crap.

I know yours was a bit banged up Chev, but it was hard to see when you put your brakes.

Smile

Oh yeah, Arckon... I'll watch last weeks replay and get the details for you for prizes.
Stumbles
Stumbles
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darko Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:05 am

Can someone please tell me where i finished as i could only see Stumbles, Chevwah and Anon in my race. lol!
Darko
Darko
Track Official
Track Official

Back to top Go down

Post by KoAStR Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:55 am

Darko I make you 7th Here's the results screen from the replay.
Stu and Darko broke into the 52's but Nieshy takes fastest lap with a 3:51.3!
Season 3:  OZGT500  - Page 4 Image011

Yea the last sector seemed to be where I was able to pull away. I really tried to push this advantage to break the slip-stream barrier. Wow that was hard to do, especially with a couple of guys following able to sling-shot off each other they could just eat up a 3 second advantage. The first few laps were intense.

Those NSX's are just about unbeatable in the straights but perhaps have a little less grip through the apex's for a given PP (I know from driving the Raybrig in the GTLOZ series).

Chev's rear end was pretty beat up. Only one of the two tail lights was working towards the end of the replay and they're already pretty small, so no wonder he was hard to see!
KoAStR
KoAStR
Go Kart
Go Kart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next